Hello my customers,
As you know, Web Hosting is a service which provides the technologies and services needed and allow the organizations and individuals to post their websites or web pages onto the internet.
Hosting is like your piece of land, and a website is a house, that house can be only built on this piece of land.
Moreover, A Hosting can contain a lot of websites; you can use it with unlimited space.
Thus, Hosting is very necessary for the online businesses.
In the market, There are many web hosting services in all the countries over the world. It opens more opportunities for customers to choose the best and most suitable services.
Recently, I saw the members in some forums, which I am joining in, have discussed a lot about four highly appreciate web hosting services namely iPage, Stablehost, Hawkhost, 1&1 and Site Ground.
I am also quite curious about these hosting services, and I decided to learn more about them. As a result, After five days researching, I seem to grasp everything, nd I will give my honest reviews about the above five web hosting services.
Continue reading my review please! I will review them in descending order of quality so you read carefully.
1. Site Ground
Site Ground has 3 plans : StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek.
- One Website
- 10GB Web Space
- Suitable for ~ 10,000 Visits Monthly
- Free Domain
- Free Website Builder
- Full SSD Storage
- 30 Days Money Back
- Free Daily Backup
- Free CloudFlare CDN
- Unlimited MySQL DB
- Free Site Transfer
- 24/7 Support
- Free App Installs
- Free Email Accounts
- Unlimited Traffic
- Free SSLs & HTTP/2
- cPanel & SSH
- Unlimited Websites
- 20GB Web Space
- Suitable for ~ 25,000 Visits Monthly
- Priority Technical Support
- SuperCacher For Great Speed
- Year Free Wildcard SSL
- 30 Backup Copies Available
- 14 other essential features
- Unlimited Websites
- 30GB Web Space
- Suitable for ~ 100,000 Visits Monthly
- Less Accounts On Server
- Free PCI Compliance
- WordPress & Joomla Staging
- One-click Git Repo Creation
- 14 Other Essential Features and 4 Premium Features
Pros and Cons
– Safe from hackers: SiteGround uses some cutting edge technology to provide you with solid protection from any hacker activities. Whenever you login to your cPanel login page, SiteGround channel’s you through their secure encrypted server so that they are safe from any hacker activities.
– Cheapest plan: Recently, SiteGround is providing a cheap plan with 50% discount for only $3.95 per month. Even though only one type of website hosting is available through this plan you can still get an overview of different features of SiteGround through this plan set.
– 99% website uptime: — With SiteGround, you can be assured that down time won’t be a problem because your website will almost always be up and that should be only in case SiteGround decides to upgrade their servers.
-The super fast loading speed: I am quite impressed with this feature because it helps the websites load faster than the other web hosting services.
– Limited features in the cheapest plan: SiteGround’s cheapest plan has limited features of hosting only single website and 10GB of storage space but still the users would get an overview about some basic features of this website builder platform.
Website transfer not good: — SiteGround’s website transfer services are not good and many users complained that they take a long time for your site’s transfer.
– No free trial available: Many new users want to try the services of website builder platforms before they conclude about them. Free trial is a best way to attract entry level customers but SiteGround is not providing any free trial as of now.
My score : 9/10
HawkHost is a Canadian web hosting company that started out in 2004 providing shared hosting plans.
The great features of HawkHost
- LiteSpeed Web Server is a HTTP/1.1 web server with HTTP/1.0 backward compatibility.
- Chunked Transfer Encoding
- Basic Authentication (htpasswd and LDAP backend)
- Entity Tag
- Range/Multi-range Request
- GZIP content transfer encoding
- Faster, more secure PHP
- GZIP Compression
Compression is seamlessly configured in the tuning section of the LiteSpeed Console. Compression can be enabled on your specified types of data at any level you desire. With LiteSpeed, a balance can easily be achieved between CPU usage and the bandwidth usage benefits of gzip compression. LiteSpeed also offers the ability to create files which are pre-gzipped files, ready to be served to the user at any moment. These files are automatically updated with the change of the original file’s contents. Not only will LiteSpeed help you reduce your hardware costs, but it will also help you reduce bandwidth costs! Smart Keep Alive
Smart Keep Alive
Pros and Cons
- They’re transparent as far as the limits on bandwidth, transfer, and disk space go, so you won’t have to contend with the “unlimited bandwidth” lie that other competitors tell.
- Extremely inexpensive. HawkHost is among the cheapest of all the hosts that I’ve reviewed. Not only is the first year inexpensive, the renewal rates are almost the same price.
- Unlimited domains.
- They have shared, VPS, and semi-dedicated servers available, so it’s easy to scale up if needed.
- They use the standard cPanel. This makes things really simple to manage, especially for beginners.
- HawkHost allows you to choose your server location. You have the choice between three servers in the US and two international servers – good stuff if you’re an SEO.
- The Uptime Test: 99.98%.
- The speed of loading is so fast.
- No prorated refunds. This is a bad policy.
- They struggled with their service, and the huge customer base created a lot of problems for HawkHost, but it seems they’ve figured out some of these issues.
- Live chat support is almost always not available.
Nobody will ever answer their phone support. Instead, you’re asked to leave a voicemail.
- Support tickets are not always answered in timely way. They’re not horrible but they’re average at best.
- You get an email around once a month letting you know that your site is being moved to a new server. This doesn’t bother you because it’s only limited downtime during the switch, but if your nameservers were pointed to a DNS service you’d have to go in and update your IP address every single time.
My score : 8.5/10
Originally started in 1998, iPage Hosting now has offices in six worldwide locations serving over 1 million websites between two data centers in the U.S.
Top features of iPage
- Unmetered Disk Space
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Free Domain Name
- Free Email Address
- Free Marketing Tools
- Unlimited Domains
- Dozens of Apps
- eCommerce Tools
- Web Hosting Control Panel
- 24/7 Support
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Pros and Cons
- Affordable shared hosting plan with plenty of features
- Free marketing tools to boost your online business
- Control panel is well organized and easy to use
- The speed of loading is pretty fast
- Lack of choices with regards to hosting plans
- Expensive renewal costs
My score : 8/10
The monthly fee of StableHost seems more expensive than the others. But I find a lot of amazing features of this host.
- Shared Web Hosting
- Enterprise Web Hosting
- Unlimited Web Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- Virtual Private Servers
- Domain Names
- Professional Spam Filtering
- Site.Pro Web Builder
- Apache 2.4.x
- Varnish Caching
- Litespeed PHP Caching
Pros and Cons
- Easy-to-use tools: cPanel control panel, Softaculous script installer & website builder.
- Unlimited disk space, bandwidth, MySQL databases & FTP accounts.
- Unlimited email accounts, forwarders, auto-responders and mailing lists.
- Development features: PHP 5.2/5.3/5.4, MySQL 5.5, Perl, Python & Ruby on Rails.
- Daily R1Soft backups which increase the security of website data.
Friendly support – The friendly means either you’re asking for support or sending service complaint, they will respond in good manner and make it as clear as possible.
- The loading speed is quite fast.
- SSH charges an additional fee of $2.5.
- The cost of $4.95/mo is quite high for hosting a single domain, not to mention there are no extras like advertising credits and free domain.
- No refund after the first 45 days. StableHost guarantees 45-day refund for first-time accounts, and after the initial period, there is no way to get a penny back. This guarantee makes it a little bit risky to buy the 2-year or 3-year plan.
My score : 8/10
5. InMotion Hosting
There are four main types of web hosting offered by InMotion:
- Shared business hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- Reseller hosting
- Managed hosting
With Shared business hosting :
The great features of InMotion Hosting
- Free SSD drives. That means you get the utmost in speed, performance, and reliability.
- You get a free domain name. This can either be a brand new domain or a transfer of an existing domain name.
- Free data backups. This is one of the most exciting features of InMotion! Most companies charge for this service, and quite a bit too! With InMotion you are getting an amazing free bonus. This really adds to the value of the packages and justifies some of the higher costs.
- Single-click installation is included for more than 310 applications.
- You can code in a variety of languages including MySQL, Ruby, PHP, and PostgreSQL.
- You can easily integrate Google Apps using a simple three-step wizard.
- You get secure IMAP email which you can access using any device.
Pros and Cons
- The full 90-day money back guarantee that is only applicable if you are on a hosting plan that lasts for at least a year.
- You can decide anytime you want out and still get a prorated refund.
- The offering is extensive; there bound to be something that has to be right for your requirements.
- Great variety of hosting plans, you have no worry whether you are planning to scale up or down.
- The ubiquitous cPanel, no more learning of another proprietary control panel.
- The industry strength script installer, Softaculous, the best and fastest one can find.
- Multi-channel support: U.S.-based phone, email, and chat support.
- They are acknowledged to excel in phone support and it is manned by extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff on 24/7.
- The speed of loading is fast.
- It is rated higher than other popular services:
- Extremely unprofessional organization of the billing interface and navigation is tough also. Need some element of luck to find my way around.
- The most basic shared hosting plan only covers two domains – come on, who can live with just 2 domains?
- If you want to add unlimited domains to your shared hosting plan, the charge is $14 a month – think nobody else charges this much.
- Their chat support deteriorates during the evening time. I find the average wait time acceptable during the daytime, but night comes, you have to wait 10 minutes per question , that is ridiculous– even companies like DownTownHost and MDDHosting could handle your support tickets in less time than their supposedly “instant chat”.
- I monitored the performance over 60 days and my observation is an uptime of 99.68%. This does not match the 99.9% they trumpeted on their website.
My score: 8/10
The monthly fee of each plan is quite low.It is perfect for beginners.
The top features of 1&1
Pros and Cons
- Great for Beginners or Experienced Webmasters
- Unlimited Webspace
- Unlimited Website Hosting
- Content Delivery Network
- Mobile Website Builder
- 1&1 SiteLock Basic
- No Live Chat Support
- 1&1 Control Panel Interface Not the Most Intuitive.
I have just reviewed entirely about top 6 web hosting services which is considered as being the best and cheap.
You can choose one of these hosting services to build your website more professionally.
Thank you for taking your precious time to read this review.